Again, we can’t endorse this school enough. Take a look (more about working at SLJ here):
Enrichment Program Coordinator Position at Urban Assembly School for Law and Justice
SLJ is a public college-preparatory school that opened in 2004 with a focus on issues of law and justice. As part of a challenging and exciting four-year sequence, students learn about and experiment with law in their own school, law in their city, state and country, and law around the world and throughout history. The school is comprised of 100 students per grade, most of whom are low-income students of color. SLJ is providing these historically underserved students with the high quality, rigorous education they deserve, so that when – not if – they move on to college, our students will soar.
SLJ is delighted to announce the position of Program Coordinator (PC) for Fall 2007. The PC will be invaluable in carrying out the enrichment work at SLJ, collaborating closely with the Director of Programs and the Program Assistant.The PC will:
• Plan and execute theme-based student events like the Dog Bite Trial, Moot Court Week, Election Night, the Shipwrecked Sailor Case, and many others
• Oversee important enrichment programs like internships, mentorships, and the After-School Learning Academy (ASLA)
• Coordinate guest speaker series like Lunch with Lawyers
• Network with SLJ’s partners, including Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP, Brooklyn Law School, the Red Hook Community Justice Center, the US District Court, and the US Attorney
• Work with teachers to infuse the law theme into the curriculum through creative lessons and projects
The ideal candidate:
• Is highly organized and extremely motivated
• Possesses strong communication skills
• Believes that all students can and must learn at high levels
• Supports education reform and SLJ’s pedagogical goals
• Can turn an abstract idea into a successful program or event, anticipating challenges and accounting for every detail
• Can multi-task and respond flexibly as objectives evolve and conditions change
• Is incredibly professional and can interact skillfully with everyone from partners in law firms to parents of students
• Has some experience in project management
• Can work as part of a team
Depends on experience. $30-40k.
How to Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and writing sample. Please put “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. The writing sample can be a paper you submitted for a class, a memo you drafted, etc. Quality is far more important than length.Visit our website at http://www.sljhs.org for more information — see why the New York Times, Bill Gates, The Today Show, and insideschools.org are all raving about SLJ!