Last Monday marked the end of Breakthrough’s application period for summer 2008–and what an application period it was. Our final count totaled over 1,300, due in large part to hundreds of applications we received in the final weekend. Among those applications was the young woman who graciously took our applicant figure from three digits to four: Caryn Jack. As lucky number 1,000, Caryn will receive a Breakthrough Nalgene and our best wishes for future application processes in which she has the chance of being #1,000. Without further ado…
1. How did you first hear about Breakthrough?
A friend did a presentation about Breakthrough here on campus.
2. What about teaching with Breakthrough is so exciting for you?
Teaching with Breakthrough sounds so exciting because the teachers have a real opportunity to change these middle schoolers’ lives. This is a chance to inspire confidence in them while helping them reach their full potential.
3. What are some of your career interests?
I’d like to be an English teacher or possibly something involving writing or editing.
4. Describe your personality in three words.
Loving, ambitious, passionate
5. If you were a U.S. city, what city would you be, and why?
San Antonio. It’s home to the most fantastic people. 🙂