Answering these questions. They are frequently asked. In the spirit of being proactive, here is the 2009 Teacher Application FAQ:
- I’m studying abroad this spring, and I won’t be able to attend an interview. Can I still apply?
- Yes! A great many of our applicants travel during the application season, and our directors expect to conduct many interviews at strange hours over the phone or via Skype. In fact, most interviews overall are conducted over the phone, so this is totally no big deal.
- I’m a senior graduating in May, so I won’t be an undergraduate this summer. Am I still eligible?
- Absolutely. Even those of you who graduate a semester early in December are eligible. Any students within the age range with a Bachelor’s completion date of December 2008 or later are eligible to teach with Breakthrough.
- I’m a returning teacher, and I can’t seem to get my login and password.
- I know. We’re really sorry about that. It’s really annoying. Just send a note to email@example.com, and we’ll get your password to you.
- I’m totally awesome, and really great as well. Please accept my impressive resume for further consideration.
- I really can’t do anything with your resume, except wonder whether you can follow instructions. All admissions are completed via the online application, and all decisions are made by the placement directors of our sites. Kudos for being a go-getter, though.
- What are the dates of the program?
- The dates of our various programs vary according to the local school schedule, but all cover 8-9 weeks of service with full attendance required. Make sure you apply to sites with dates that work for you. The specific dates are included on the Site Roster inside the application, or they can be accessed via the handy chart downloadable here.