First of all, here is a screenshot from our teacher application today:
Yup. Today we reached our first teacher application benchmark, 300 submitted applications. That’s just a bit ahead of last year’s pace, when we ended up with over 1,600 applications by the deadline. One difference this year is that directors will be conducting more interviews and placements prior to the deadline than ever before. Particularly at the higher-volume sites, if you wait until March to submit you may be too late. Get those applications in as soon as they are good!
In other news….
This is TeachBreakthrough’s 300th post! Here are some highlights from our storied past:
- Welcome to TeachBreakthroughs! 5/10/2007
- Kevin in San Jose – The Dead Poets Society Moment 7/18/2007
- Culture-Based Education… Can it work? 9/28/2007
- Teacher Pay. Breakthrough is officially in favor of it. 1/10/2008
- High Achievers, Lower Performance 4/18/2008
- A lot of work to do, and some really good prospects 4/22/2008
- Summer 2008 Teachers: Looking Ahead 10/15/2008