Vodpod videos no longer available.
Obama’s five pillars of the education plan (full text here):
1. Increasing early Childhood Education Initiatives
2. Improving standards and assessments
3. Recruiting, retaining and rewarding excellent teachers
4. Promoting innovation and excellence
5. Increasing funding for higher education
“America’s future depends on its teachers. And so today, I am calling on a new generation of Americans to step forward and serve our country in our classrooms. If you want to make a difference in the life of our nation; if you want to make the most of your talents and dedication; if you want to make your mark with a legacy that will endure – join the teaching profession. America needs you. We need you in our suburbs. We need you in our small towns. We need you in our inner cities. We need you in classrooms all across our country.”
Breakthrough Teachers: Thanks for taking part in this effort. Good luck this summer.